Bugs & Features

Coordinator
Nov 5, 2009 at 3:22 PM

Please put comments, reports bugs and suggest features here.

Apr 7, 2010 at 7:34 PM

Is there any plan to support Views in the tool  so we could manage extended properties on views and tables ?

Coordinator
Apr 8, 2010 at 7:08 AM

Yes, I,ve planned to include other database objects as views, indexes and others. But at this moment I`m working in the ORM features as LinqTOSQL classes generation based in extended properties.

May 20, 2010 at 11:21 PM

I am using the SQL 2005 and VS.net 2005 (installed, in case it matters).      

Microsoft .Net Framework 2.0 Service Pack 2      

Microsoft .Net Framework 3.0 Service Pack 2      

Microsoft .Net Framework 3.5 SP1

I am getting this error:
" ... Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.SqlServer.ConnectionInfo, Version=10.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=89845dcd8080cc91' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified."

If it does not work for SQL 2005 and Vs.net 2005, please let me know.

Coordinator
May 21, 2010 at 7:16 AM

You need to install SQL Server native client from your Sql server installation. Its install libraries that you need to work with Sql Server 2005 or 2008.

Please, Tell me how useful is this tool for you.

Oct 5, 2010 at 1:15 AM

Running Vista x86 with all of the latest patches. I also have VS2010 installed, SQL Server 2008 Express in a named instance and SQL Server 2008 Developer Edition in another named instance.

I installed the app, opened a CMD prompt, edited the xml file for "local" to point to ".\sqlexpress", saved the xml, and started the app.

I attempted to connect to "local" and got the following error messagebox:

InvalidArgument=Value of '1' is not valid for 'SelectedIndex'. Parameter name 'SelectedIndex'.

I could then select my database, the treeview populated, I clicked a checkbox for a table in my test DB, then a column. I added a description "Hello World" and clicked [Save changes] and I got an error message box "object not set to an instance of an object".

What happened?

Jan 5, 2011 at 9:41 PM
I could not connect to my local SQL Server 2008 server. I see only "local" in the servers drop down. Even i tried by giving my local machine name. Still i get the following error when i click "Server->Connect".
"Failed to Connect to Server". This should be something simple, but i could not get it to work.

Jul 8, 2014 at 5:29 PM
Sometimes it would be nice to know the actual status in the status bar. For instance, while selecting a database, which table is currently being scanned?
A log of transactions would be nice too, since some databases are not accessible and it would be helpful to have in determining why.

Also, it appears that absolutely everything is being queried and stored in memory, instead of dynamically. In a database that has hundreds of tables (and thousands of columns), this takes quite a while to load an manipulate. The tree should not be built in its entirety at first, by rather programmatically as tables are selected. This should help improve load times and save memory that's not needed.